- Updated patented design dog wheelchair based on 45+ years of experience.
- Each dog wheelchair is custom-made for your pet.
- Adjustable for the size of your pet.
- Extremely light-weight dog wheelchair for ease of use by any size pet.
- Precision machined plastic parts - strong but light.
- Foam-filled wheels that are lightweight and will not go flat.
- Mechanically balanced to prevent undue stress on joints and limbs.
- Designed to accommodate both rehabilitation and disabilities.
- Simple conversion from walking to rearlimb sling support when necessary.
- Front, rear, or four wheel support designs to meet almost every disability.
- Designed for conversion from two- to four-wheeled carts for progressive disabilities.
- Ability to urinate and defecate while in cart.
- The only dog wheelchair on the market sold and designed by a veterinarian.
- Unparalleled customer service for each custom K-9 Cart dog wheelchair sold!
At K-9 Cart Company East, Dr. Parkes, now retired from veterinary surgery, still tends to the daily ever changing challenges presented by each disabled animal. Don't be surprised if you call and find him answering the phone. Our goal at K-9 Cart Company East will always be to provide the best mobility alternative for your pet. Our professional background in veterinary medicine and cart designing of 45 years provides an unmatched opportunity to serve both the mobility needs and medical advice for your disable friends.
Adjustability of K9 Carts Dog Wheelchairs Help Rescues!
|Dachshund "Pepper" looks like Goldilocks; her K9 Cart dog wheelchair is far too large|
In June 2010, Dachshund Rescue South Florida (DRSF) ordered a two-wheel dog wheelchair for a "Pepper," a dachshund with disc disease that had lost the use of her hind legs. Pepper's new rescue mom had agreed to pay for a portion of his dog wheelchair. Pepper's mom had never taken care of a handicapped pet so you know how big a heart one has to adopt a pet like this. Well, the measurements were sent to us for a 15 lb. dachshund. We didn't have the owner's contact information, but felt the measurements were a bit big. But then some "dachshund" rescues are mostly dachshund (plus a little or a lot of something else.) As usual, we built the 9058854301 to adjust in height, length, and width. Well, Pepper's mom was a bit beside herself when the cart seemed so big. However, we knew because our carts were adjustable including even the leg rings that Pepper would probably be okay. Pepper's mom sent us digital photos so we could access the fit. At K-9 Cart Co East, we usually suggest three picture angles: 1.) from the side at the dog's level; 2.) from the rear at the dog's level; and 3.) an aerial view. We told her to not be afraid to shorten the straps. Even if she made a mistake and cut the foam or straps too short, another pair could be sent to her in a few days time. Key to getting a good fit would be to shorten the leg rings - a feature not available on many dog wheelchairs. So off Pepper's mom went to see whether a dacshund's cart could be shortened or not...
Why Rescues Like Adjustable K9 Carts Dog Wheelchairs
|Pepper's K9 Cart dog wheelchair is fitting almost perfectly.|
Some owners are just handy, and we don't expect there to be any problem getting them to pull out the scissors to shorten a strap or turn the screws with the Allen wrench provided with each cart to adjust them Really that's all you need - an allen wrench and a scissor! But Pepper's mom was the antithesis of "handy." Despite this, we were quite pleased how even the most reluctant owner like Pepper's mom, could make massive adjustments and get the K9 Cart dog wheelchair to fit! See Pepper pictured to the right with almost a perfect fit. We recommended that her cart be raised a bit more in the rear, but overall the fit was pretty darn good. At K-9 Cart Company East, we learned our lesson to ask even rescues about measurements that might be off. On the other hand, humane societies can now be sold on how much a K-9 Cart can be adjusted for rescue dogs. While ideally you have your K-9 Cart built specifically for your pet, there are many used dog wheelchairs for owners in these hard economic times on our Handicapped Pet forum.
Want more info? Not sure whether your pet could benefit from our products? Peruse our (423) 467-6659 at K-9Cart.com. If you can't find an answer there, look at our (864) 647-6777 or post a question there yourself. Or shoot us an email at k9carts[@]yahoo.com or call us toll-free at 866-K9-CARTS (866-592-2787).